RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Printing
Thread: 3D Printing
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Yea with Cura I seem to have little to no issues with retraction, even with minimal settings. I specialize in TPU printing here so I ALWAYS have TPU ready at the house. I like to print with the some of the softest TPU: Sainsmart. It is a bit harder to print on a bowden style printer but I have mine setup just right for it. I would say around 80% of my prints are TPU. Tires and things that need to grip are great with Sainsmart's TPU. Now when I use Simplify I like to use hard plastics. Yes the slicer does cost $150 but it is worth it
I just recently got another printer (we have a nice dual extruder here at work) so I could do some stuff like Nylon/PC printing at the house. I'm looking at some water cooled extruders now but printing with Nylon looks like it will be a bigger PITA than any kind of results I would get out of it. Anyone here printing Nylon or any other rare filaments? I would be interested in picking your brain on a few things...
I've also been thinking about adding another printer. I have about a G set aside and I'm waiting for Black Friday, less than four weeks away. I am seriously, I mean seriously, thinking about getting an SLA printer, mainly for tires and small detail items, like headlight buckets and mirrors.