RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:56 PM
rk212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz90 4blade prop

Originally Posted by raron455
Ok, so I decided on my engine, got it in the other day. I will be spinning a large 23inch beila 4 blade, so I have to have power. I bought the biggest single monster out there. The ZDZ 90. I have seen 1 on an aerobatic plane, and it is a beast, really didnt vibrate much, (unlike the DA85 I once owned) ran smooth. The firewall is thick on this plane .520 which is great, so I have no worries about the engine shaking it to death. I spent a little bit today laying it out and mounting it, it will fit good with some trimming on the lower cowl for the head. The exhaust will be more tricky I bought a stainless DIY header kit to make my own exhaust and I will hard mount a pitts muffler to the back of the firewall and tap the header into the muffler with a Teflon coupling. The zdz is too long for the plane for a nice tight cowl gap, so I am removing the prop hub putting it on my lathe and cutting it down 8.5mm. Will post more pix when its on there for final mounting.
Hi Raron, hope you are well could you tell me how the zdz90 on this mustang flew please?

Are you still flying her and how did/do you find the performance?

Im considering all the options out there

kind regards