RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transmitter question for Jet RC aircraft
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Factorypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Here is my take on radios for jets:
1) I would not buy a radio that can't indicate in real time the quality of the signal that the receiver is getting, and allow you to setup an alarm when is too low. This will avoid you flying around with marginal reception without realizing that your investment is at risk.
2) Telemetry is great to reduce risk(think about alarms for flameout, low fuel, low air pressure, Airspeed callouts, etc), if you are inclined to learn how to set it up, or have a friend who can do it for you. I have setup many for my friends and they are very happy to have it, even though they could not program them.

With point #1, many of the closed systems radio systems are out for me.
If you want telemetry, is either Jeti or maybe Graupner. Later on Powerbox Core will be an option. Others may have some level of it, but seem to be quite limited.

If you don't care about #1 or #2, then almost any modern radio will do as long as it have enough channels.

Good luck
Thanks Edgar. Your points are well taken and I agree 100% that telemetry is going to be a must. I hear great things about the Jeti telemetry so I'll need to educate myself concerning the capabilities of Spektrum's DX-20 and Jeti's DS-16 / 24. After reading everyone's input, it's going to be between those two models.