RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Waco 61cc
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 05:03 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks CK1,
Please forgive me for hijacking you thread without asking you for permission. But if you don't mind I would like to post some pictures from time to time with the progress of my build. I am not planning to rush through this building process, since I have other stuff to do, besides building this airplane. I read a lot about this Phoenix plane and everything was positive. I love bipes and this is exactly the one to own. Now I need to save up for the motor, which is another $1500.00 plus another $400 for servos. The boss won't be happy when I tell her that amount. After inspecting every part, I have to say I am blown away about the quality of the hardware and the completeness of this ARF. They included everything, but the kitchen sink. Great job! One last positive thing: I think they switched from CA-hinges to hing points for the ailerons and the rudder. The elevator still has CA-hinges, which I will change to hinge points, as well. I like the landing lights in the lower wings. Need to find me a good source for real LED-lights that run on 7.4 Volts. If anybody knows a vendor, who sells those, I appreciate your help.