RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Giant Top Flite F6F Hellcat coming soon?
Old 11-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good Afternoon,
Yesterday I was on Horizon's web sight and took a good look at the T.F. F6F. It had it listed for $999.99. So I told my self if its free shipping...I will do it. I was given a shipping quote of less then $11.00 and I live in Hawaii. To me I felt the shipping will be over $350 to $450.00, but it was only eleven bucks and bought the model.

I will go with Sierra pneumatic landing gear. Sierra sells a scale pneumatic tail wheel assy., as well as solid rotating landing gear. I've flown Sierra gear for years and I am amazed at its durability and are over built. I've used the Robert safety, low air system with good results. I was amazed at how well they preformed for me in the past, and use Robert for everything else. Sierra's for all three will set you back $700,00 plus shipping and I have the rest in house. If the wheels will fit that Robert sells and fit my Sierra gear, I will buy Robert wheels.

I am thinking of going with a RGCF 55 or 60cc gas engine. I may go with the DLE 61cc gas engine, but the RGCF is priced at only $289.00 (RGCF 55cc). I want to put an electric starter on this engine, I've done it with EME 35cc gas engines and loved it.

I will be repainting my model to WWII....U.S.S. Bunker Hill colors.

I would love a gas powered five cylinder radial to put into this model...but none are made that I know of anywhere. I'm done with Nitro...

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 11-24-2018 at 01:59 PM.