RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc trouble
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:02 PM
jimmy7432

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 20cc trouble

I have a DLE 20cc engine in a Citabria Pro Balsa USA plane. I am having trouble with the engine stalling at high RPM. It runs great for about 5 minutes and then just cuts out. I have tried adjusting the high end needle valve both ways rich and lean and have the same problem. When I run the engine at high RPM and after a few minutes it starts to sputter I quickly I slow the engine down. If I time it right the engine continues to run at low RPM and then when I bring it back up to high RPM it sputters and eventually stalls. I though it was over heating at first but when I run it with the cowl off it does the same thing. I checked the clunk and that is fine. I bought a new fuel tank and tubes and reinstalled the fuel system to be sure I did not make a mistake the first time and same thing. I changed the gas to have fresh gas a few times and same thing. I have seen posts about these engines good and bad. I don't want to here DLE engines are junk because I already bought the engine so that won't help.(But I am beginning to think the engine is junk) Any help would be appreciated.