RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tucson
i am using a cortex gyro. it is not the pro version. so steering i know is not affected. the rudder servo plugs into the cortex and then into the receiver.
so you are saying that would be a problem. i haven't noticed any yaw problems while flying. i am using seperate channels for rudder and steering in the lg-15. so the rudder shouldn't be a problem. am i correct in my thinking?
thanks
stan
Stan, if your steering servo is not being stabilized by your Cortex then you not affected by this issue. In my case my receivers are plugged into my Cortex Pro via serial connection, then serial connection from there to my Jeti Central Box power distribution unit. The way I have it configured right now the outputs to both the rudder and the LG15 (for steering) are both stabilized by the Cortex, which is not good. If I cannot figure out a way to turn off stabilization by the Cortex to the LG15 (Steering) then I will need to abandon the serial connections and use the Cable Loom that comes with the Cortex. The downside to using the Cable Loom is that it's a lot more wires (does not look as clean) and I won't be able to get Telemetry data from the Cortex.
If anyone knows how I can disable the stabilization on just one channel please let me know.

-Tom