RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything I enjoy about the hobby is crumbling.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:44 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by fliers1
What concerns me is, although Horizon and some others carry glow and gas powered advanced aircraft, but they do not carry glow powered trainers anymore, only electric.

Very good point. Vendors will manufacture what trends tell them will sell. Today's society wants things now. They want to log onto their computer and order something that can be flown right away and with minimum learning curve. This is where I feel that the club atmosphere is most important. The clubs need to embrace this way of thought. This is our available avenue to bring new people into the fold. Some will stick with the electric powered ARF type airplanes, some will move to glow or gas powered. Some will become builders but only if we do not shun them for showing up with a small electric airplane with flight aids. Building has become somewhat a lost art. Our magazines used to have design/build articles with plans printed on the pages. When was the last time we saw that? Yes the hobby has changed and will continue to do so, it means that the hobby you and I grew up with is gone but this new hobby will continue as long as we embrace it and the people it brings to us.