RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Well my old castle link and old castle program worked just fine on the voltage regulator. The link just plugs into the VR's output. The JP controller's output that I measured on the bench today was 6.9 VDC. So I set the VR for 6.9 v. There is a video on utube that explains what to do. But really you don't need it. The program senses that you have a BEC and sets the menu appropriately, select the BASIC tab and then select the voltage and then select UPDATE and you are done.

I set the LG15 upon the bench with another Rxer and am about to start programming. The main screen is slick in that if you rotate the LG15, you can see the gyro taking corrective action on the braking. Need to go back thru this thread to ID appropriate settings to start with.

I suspect the door function will be the trickiest to program. Read the Manual three times and it is a little vague about the sequencing setup. Never could get the JP controller to work the door correctly as I could not figure out how to limit the travel. Used the DX18's door function instead. But now, I'll run the door out of the LG15. Probably will put the Braincube Nav Light controller down under the deck seeing how it does not have any switches or user interface to deal with. Then put the LG15 above the deck seeing how I may want to make some adjustments.

Still not sure about the wheel magnets. The T-One's OEM gear is metal disk to rubber pads. Might be good to have the wheel magnets in. I may put them back in and see how the LG15 works with them. Hopefully the snow keeps melting here, and I can get this out on the concrete tomorrow to give the brakes a try.The Prolinks on the UF are metal to metal. I suspect that the UF will be the next one to see the LG15 upgrade.