RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long Abrams "Henntec track tensioner" review
Old 01-06-2019, 10:55 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I definitely agree on how we drive them. The issue with backing my m60 in a turn and driving off the tracks is unrealistic because tanks don't back up without a ground guide unless they are moving in and out of a firing position, in general..... But for an IR battle tank, we drive backwards almost as much as we do forward just because we driving and RC vehicle. If you sat in a real tank you would never WANT to back up because you really cant see.
I drive much harder in IR battle than I do when "playing" on my own. I tend to mimic more realistic operation when fun running and playing than when I battle. Battle is a whole other world that can really tear up a tank model and put it through a good shake down.
Guys in Iraq told me they would override the governors on the abrams so they could roll 70 down the highways. The slower you go the easier target you are. Im not sure how fast I made my abrams at 12v but its fast, I only use high speed to get from firing position to firing position. I toggle down when driving and maneuvering unless Im just showing off. Though the Tamiya abrams is still faster than me on high speed mode. Very tough to control at that speed.
: