RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why HH sucks
Thread: Why HH sucks
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:58 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still buy from Tower on the regular and see no real reason not to. Perhaps it's my perspective, though. Start looking at car stuff and suddenly Tower's inventory gets much MUCH better. And I'm primarily a ground pounder...I have a small indoor 6ch heli off Banggood and a NexSTAR 46 but most of my fleet only flies if it hits a ramp first...so Tower's still perfectly fine.

If anything, for me, Tower's better now than it was before Horizon bought them. Wasn't too long ago when I would have sung the same tune you lot are, shifting over to AMain Hobbies and eBay, but the HH acquisition seems to have done wonders for it on the car side.

I do miss the days where I could lose an entire afternoon perusing Tower's engine selection, though. I'd never consider buying 90% of it, but it was fascinating to see the various engines available for land, sea, air use. Today there's less engine selection in total than there was in just the 0.18-up car engine selection. Back in the day they had OS wankels, OS car four strokes, steam engines for boats, Novarossis for making SRBMs out of touring cars, Saitos and Zenoahs for aircaft, all manner of really cool -beep- that makes a gearhead like me grin. Nowadays it's....pathetic. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when the AE 18X in my SC10GT craps out. And I get wish list deletion emails on the regular, too, mostly from aircraft I'd thrown in there because I'd like to fly them someday and from odds'n'ends that I could repurpose. Had my eyes on that Sullivan alternator thing for the longest time, as it'd be a godsend on the cars(I'd basically be able to never worry about the receiver battery if I adapted it to a car engine!), on-board glow shenanigans, and small 1oz header tanks to keep cars running when they're on their lids(Most glow cars don't have a clunk in their fuel tank so they'll die in a few seconds if they roll over, which prompts many people who don't race them to put a 1oz aircraft tank between the car's main tank and the carb to change that to a minute or two). But some stuff's been on my wish list since the early 2000s, like Tamiya's Globe Liner and Futaba's 4YF(Which I need to remember to delete, my 6J is worlds better than the 4YF lol).

Last edited by 378; 01-11-2019 at 03:02 AM.