RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Time Purchasing Giant Scale Gas, Opininons Please
Old 01-14-2019, 06:21 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Going to be impossible to get a quality/reliable package for that price. I suggest airplanes by Extreme flight, AJ Aircraft and Pilot R/C. Those manufacturers average 650.00 plus shipping for an airframe. Servos, the best bang for the buck would be some of the Hitec 79xx series. I really like the 7955TG. Savox is also a good value. Engine preference is always a hot topic. After running 3W, DA, DLE, ZDZ, D&B my preference is DA. I have owned 50cc, 100cc and 150cc DA engines and they have all run great and are user friendly. There will be claims that the DLE 55 runs just as well however everyone will agree that DA customer service is the gold standard. The last DA engine Imowned was a 150 that had 2,000 runs on it before hitting the dirt . I am currently flying a 3W 70cc twin. That brings up the next thing. With the budget you set for yourself you may look into the pre owned market. Many guys will sell off their 50cc stuff to finance the move to a larger airplane. That 70cc 3W engine I mentioned was purchased along with Reed Falcon Biplane for 500.00. Of course by the time I collected all the servos, linkages, extensions and little hardware bits I was 1,200.00 deep.