RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Van's RV-4 30cc ARF 85"
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 06:00 PM
planenutzz

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Got one of these recently as a Chrstimas present to myself, being a batchelor these days I can induldge without a nagging SHMBO gettting the crankypants.
Seems to be faily good quaility though the covering has started to wrinkle up, not a bggie as I will hit it with a hardryer and hot glove once I am finished.
Small amount of damage to the upright support on some of the ribs near the aileron hatch, looks to be from pressure applied during manufacture or something pressing weight into that area. I patched it with double thickness of 1/8th balsa with the grain going vertically.
H9 hardware is pretty ordinary, the threads on the rods in particular. Will see how they work out.
Using the stock Evo 33GX petrol on for simplicity sake and will add a choke servo.
Throttle linkage has been changed to nylon rod and dubro 2-56 ball links. I'll use the H9 throttle rod for the choke but with a dubro 2-56 ball link on the choke arm.

Still contemplating replacing the H9 clevises.

Hoping to get it all completed over this week and Saturday and look forward to flying it. Should be a fun plane for Sundays fun.

cheers
P

Last edited by planenutzz; 01-15-2019 at 06:07 PM.