RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sepulveda Basin
Thread: Sepulveda Basin
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:56 AM
robotfan
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clscale-Fred
I last flew there in 2003 in the CL circles and someone asked why there is no development at this location...that is because it's in a flood basin. the Basin and Whittier Narrows are the only CL flying sites in the LA area. Brings back good memories, everyone I flew with has either left the hobby or left LA.

Fred

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Fred,, I first flew CL there when the circles were out close to Burbank Blvd.,,OMG that was 44 years ago
Fred and “scale only 4 me” do you guys still fly CL? There is lots of activity there, plenty of guys flying. In fact every month or so there is one new guy +/- and even better there are always old-timers coming back to the hobby. Can you guys PM me your names in case you don’t want to post them publicly? If you include your email addresses I will have you added to the local CL newsletter...

I will try to attach a copy of The Nag, the weekly newsletter and activity report. Hopefully you will recognize some names and come out to watch, chat, and fly. Casual CL Flying at Sepulveda Basin is most Sunday mornings, At Freedom Park (new 2nd site / Camarillo Airport) Flying is most Tuesday mornings, Flying at Whittier Narrows is most Friday mornings in order to avoid paying the $6 entrance fee.

Paul W.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The Nag VCB 20190106.pdf (3.09 MB, 36 views)