RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sk saddle boat
Thread: Sk saddle boat
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 03:52 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You must mean the 36"SK Daddle by Dumas. The recommended is no more than a .40 nitro or an electric equivalent.The boat was originally setup with the prop and rudder under the hull and it used a straight solid shaft.Dumas sells this setup of hardware,but a setup with the rudder on the back of the boat can be done ,but a through transom surface drive probably wouldn't work on this hull. The hull is a flatbottom and a submerged prop would be best.I was going to get this hull and reviewed other's posts online about it.What you decide in the hardware would decide where to get it. An electric boat hardware package might work or one for a small nitro. A 2.4 ghz radio and receiver and servos can be bought fairly cheap.Do a search online on and on the forums in the nitro and electric boats sections and maybe someone has built one.
Dumas Products Estore
Here's the original under hull rudder and prop and the off the transom type.The use of a flex drive and a more modern hardware package for the off the transon one would be better than using a coupler.
Here's where I got the info. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sear...archid=1704392

Last edited by Tidnab; 01-19-2019 at 08:29 AM.