RCU Forums - View Single Post - Single Fan Thrust Vectoring VTOL Project - MonoPhan
Old 01-19-2019, 07:07 PM
UN.RCONT.OL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The design is pretty much finalized. It flies amazingly good vertical and horizontal. Still working on getting the baro respond better. I have three settings programmed in the FC.

1- The first one tilts the unit right above around 10 degrees attack angle, avoiding altitude loss at full stick. In this mode, I will use the throttle for altitude control.

2- The second mode tilts the unit below 10 degrees attack angle. In this mode at full stick, the unit will start losing altitude, which makes it possible to fly it almost like an airplane, adjusting the altitude with pitch. I will extend the tilt angle below 0 degrees depending on flight capabilities.

3- The third mode will not go lower than 25 degrees attack angle and will activate the altitude hold. This will be the economy mode, where I will harness the lift from high attack angle wings and the unit will automatically adjust the throttle down and the lift kicks in and it starts climbing. I will adjust this attack angle to get the best flight time based on testing.

Looking forward to get some onboard videos and post.