RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuilding BVM UAT. Source for brass fittings?
Old 01-26-2019, 02:33 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In many threads the 'cost' of buying a purpose made UAT device is often criticised as being high, people commenting that the plastic bottle is only a few cents etc so how can they justify the prices charge etc, etc well lets take a look at this a little closer.

If you were to buy the bottle which might only be cents you then have to buy three of these fittings (shown above) thats $38.97 without shipping, add some form of filter, connection tube, solder or glue time and testing and I'm not sure you could do that for less than maybe $60, and thats without any mounting hardware etc or Festo type push fit fittings.

So whilst the cost of UAT's has climbed over the years looking at my CATM-V2 when I made it was €65 ($74 in todays money) is that really a lot of money for what you got? - I personally don't think so.

Its great people do make their own but in a lot of cases and this may well be one the cost of buying a purpose made device may not always seem as expensive as you first make out. Either way even now a good UAT is around the cost of one decent servo and could save your whole jet one day - still a small price to pay IMO.

Safe flying.

marcs