RCU Forums - View Single Post - Terremoto 10 v2 3s problems
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 01:29 PM
Fire_birdV2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terremoto 10 v2 3s problems

Ok so I purchased it back in december so its still under warranty, So it runs fine no problems on the supplied 2s battery but i wanted more power so i ordered an 2200mah ovonic air 50c 3s from amazon and came the same day as my car did. As soon as you put the 3s in it would go full throttle for about 3 seconds then it would slow down by itself (while still holding down the throttle all the way) to about 1/4 throttle then self brake itself and come to a complete stop. So then I got on the phone with redcat and they sent me a new ESC... that didn't work so i got back on the phone and they sent me a new motor and that didnt work either so i had an extra reciever lying around and i popped that in and the same problem occured.......... at this point im really get fed up with this car. Then I thought maybe it was the battery so I went on Ebay and ordered 2 3000 mah 50c ovonic air 3s lipos and STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! The only other thing I could think of was the voltage cutoff maybe was getting triggered so I lowered it from 3.2 to 2.8v and that worked somewhat I can now run a 2-3 full throttle passes or maybe even more and then it does the same thing AGAIN . My theory so far is that when I'm full throttle ,since its a 50c, I'm drawing alot of power and it triggers the low voltage because the red led just blinks when you walk up to it ,but its not staying down low for long because you can turn it off then turn it back on and run a few more passes. Also The 3s batteries work just fine in my friends redcat blackout XTE and XBE. I thought I was buying a 3s ready car that was dependable and could rip whenever I wanted but apparently not.