RCU Forums - View Single Post - 70cc Mamba build thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 07:31 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Much progress as can be seen above. Upper wings hinged and ready for servos. (waiting on parts) Elevator servos in. I decided to go with two instead of one. QQ says use one 400oz servo with joiner wire to save weight. I fail to see much weight savings. The joiner wire weighs half of what the 2nd servo weighs. Add the epoxy I don't think there is much savings. I also prefer to use 2 servos on the the elev. I think it's a tighter more reliable set up. Just my opinion of course but it's my plane. The stab is in but not glued. I measured from the wing tube to get it straight but wanted to do the same using the wing tips. I got the wing bolted in but ran out of time. I am going to need to power up the Aile servos to get a good stable place to measure from.
These steps went pretty smooth. Small issue with the 2nd elev servo opening. The covering is cut for the location if you are going to use one servo. On the opposite side of the fuse there are 2 ply trays made for the 2nd elev servo and the rudder servo if you are going to use a push/pull on the rudder. Cutting the covering is no big deal but these servo openings are not the right size. There is no way two servos would fit here. I had to cut away 1/2 of the ply that divides these two opening to be able to fit one servo. The size is right fore/aft but not up/down. Not a big deal but I am picky. Only other thing on the top wing halves. Just like the lower wing throw is going to be limited to when the horns hit the wings. There is no way to get 3+ inches QQ calls for on high rate.

david