RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 10:38 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

hey guys, I thought I would show you my regulators I got to control siphoning on my upside down/downside up Saito 100 and 115,, the regulators are OS Heli regulators, these babies are slick..

note the banjo bolt, this banjo bolt is from an OS 61FX/91FX remote needle valve, the banjo bolt's threads (1/4x32) are the same as the threads on the OS Needle Valve Housing.. see below in the engine photos how the OS Needle Valve Housing holds the Regulator to the OS Carbs,,,

I will drill out the banjo bolt's center hole .016" larger from the bottom and tap it for a 3.5x 6mm threads to install a Fuel hose barb. the hose from this barb will go to the Saito carb (s)..
then for each regulator mount, I will take 1/2" x 1/4" aluminum stock and drill a 7/32 hole and tap for 1/4x32 threads so I can screw the banjo nut to the mount. the banjo bolt will hold the regulator to the mount.. I will bolt the regulator's mount to the engine mount.
to lighten the 1/2" wide aluminum stock I will have to mill down it's width some or mill holes in it.

it will be a couple weeks before I start on it, cause I have to order the taps and drills, and I want to order some stronger aircraft quality aluminum stock.
I know-I know, you guy are thinking I should have started long ago on it, but I tell you, I work better when time get's short,,,,, got to order fuel too..

Jim