RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dumas scarab 55" build
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM
sleeper607

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas scarab 55" build

I am finally building this thing, the key to this will be I am doing it on a budget. Not HGTV or any of the how to car shows budget but more like a sub 100 bucks or maybe sub 50 bucks. So I bought the hull 2 years ago and still don't have any funding available for this, so I figured if I built it on a budget that would be the only way it would ever get completed. It needs a motor and exhaust, servos, prop shaft and tube along with some misc. stuff that would have to fit within my budget. So my criteria for a motor is it must fit my budget, be water cooled and be able to sit low in the hull so I can run the lid, also I don't want to change the rails currently set up for a big nitro. I will say that I have a plan and I am making progress. I will say I am cheating on the budget a little since the motor was given to me but anyone could have the same motor for free also. Another cheat is that I bought used servos a while back and don't remember what I paid but it was only a couple of bucks so technically I could account for that.