RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba T6k - Throttle 'lock'? RC customization.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:26 PM
SoundSearcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I've got some questions that are pertinent to any answers:
1) Does your boat have an onboard receiver?
2) Have you tried changing the transmitter switch outputs to where you need them per the owners manual?
3) Does your transmitter have a ratcheting system on the left stick?

Depending on how you answer these questions will give us someplace to start when it comes to helping you with your situation.
Hi Hydro Junkie, thanks for the reply!

To answer your questions:
1) We have a Futaba R3008SB receiver that is installed in a AutoNav box with a PixHawk Radiolink, etc.
2) I have tried using the manual as well as a couple hours of googling to figure out how to manually assign chanels but havent had any luck yet. I have something in the back of my head saying that I should be able to do so in Mission Planner but to be honest I'm not sure.
3) I'm most likely wrong but the ratcheting style control seems to not be available or needs a add-on to be able to get the ratcheting function to work. I have two screws that I can adjust tension but there is nothing in the manual showing how to change to ratcheting style.

I did have another question, I think I figured it out, but as we have the boat out of water to fix with other things I havent been able to test it. We would like the throttle controls to be more 'progressive'. Less sensitive when moving from the center increasing in sensitivity when fully pressed. If I understand correctly with my minimal use of rc, it seems like using the Dual Rate or EXPO function would give me the result I'm looking for.

Many thanks for any and all input!!