RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Four-Star 60 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 07:07 AM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Right wing panel and the new plywood wing joiner. I scrapped the supplied wing joiner that would have given the wing its 2 degrees of dihedral (per panel) and made a new one set at 1 degree.

The wing joiner is being slid through ribs 1 and 2 and should fit snug between the top and bottom wing spar.

The wing joiner is now completely in and I'm happy with the fit.

I want to ensure that the joiner is permanently epoxied into position but with the additional insurance of it being sandwiched between four plates made from 1/16" birch ply.

Epoxy was spread on both sides of ribs 1 and 2 and plywood plates are now clamped into position. I like the squeeze out that I got, the fillet of epoxy will stay.

I want to give a big shout out to amain hobbies. I ordered my servos on Thursday, March 14th and received them today! Great service, fair prices and I didn't have to pay for shipping because of the total amount spent. Check them out.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/c1?utm_source=transactional_email&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=order_update&utm_cid=1827475&utm_content=%2frc-cars-trucks

Last edited by VincentJ; 03-17-2019 at 12:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Wully (12-21-2021)