RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 PM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd View Post
I put three Spektrum 2000 mah 2S LiFe batteries in behind the firewall. Two for the PowerSafe Rxer and one for the gear. If I recall correctly, the gear controller can't handle 2S LiPo or maybe I just did not want to charge LiPos in the plane. Taking them out of the plane for charging would be a PITA. Three batteries and a DA 60 and still had to add a bit of weight in the nose.

Then I added ElectroDynamics' switches and use Andy's charge harnesses. I can just plug in and balance charge them in the plane. But, if you do not use Andy's batteries, you have to swap the leads in the JR connector so that the balance leads line up. Otherwise you fry the wires. Don't ask how I know.

I put the switches down in by the pilot's knees in the cockpit. I really have to look to find them. Also, I put in a manual choke in the cockpit also. Pull out the little handle and the choke is on.
Len Todd

I used two spectrum LIFe 4000 MAH for my RX --on a Batt share from Smart Fly, also have a IBEC for ignition...then added a Hobbico LIFe 6.6 2100 MAH for the Gear system, all the batteries fit in the lower batt compartment (3). I also put the (3) switches under the instrument panel along with a manual choke--simple, easy, and hopefully lasts a long time!

She flies GREAT! DLE-55RA, 22x10 Zoar WWII prop....FUTABA 14 RX, LIFE Batts (3) Elite gear stock...