RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walterson's T-72A Info
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 09:35 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Walterson's T-72A Info

Hey Tankers,
Ok so the wait is almost over. Looking at May production times and summer release, the T-72A will be offered in three configurations: standard, enthusiast, and extreme. All three configurations will have airsoft barrel recoil or infrared models available too. It has been designed from the ground up with all new components, sharing nothing with any other manufacturers in the 1/16th scale realm. This attributed to some of the delay (as well as the acquisition of FoV and VS tanks) but now that the new components have been built and tested it will be much faster to produce new models. The electronics have changeable sound cards with the sounds recorded by Waltersons themselves and even have separate sounds for forward and reverse. It also does have separate up and down elevation with current sensing so no noisy clutch is needed. It has headlight control, uses 2S lipos, and can even be updated via software if needed.

They spent a lot of time on molds and getting the texture right as well as hiring some of the original staff from the FoV/VS acquisitions which gave them the expertise of getting models right and RC'ing them too. Not only did they spend a lot of time of the design but it was constantly updated with there was an issue or inaccuracy. The insides were totally redone as well. The smoke unit now blows away aftermarket solutions (it is quite insane really) with new effects as well which are a bit different than normal smoke units from TG and HL.
The gearboxes have been designed to not only be effecient but to be super quiet at the same time. This gearbox is fully enclosed with a clear top so you can examine the gearboxes at any time. They are also designed with multiple gear changes in mind too, with up to 5 different gear ratios that can be installed very quickly. So one gearbox = 5 different speed combinations.

The airsoft barrel recoil unit is another achievement from Waltersons. The original designer of the airsoft unit which was in VS tanks as a 24th scale item was ported to 16th by various manufacturers, but the power and design was not updated. This new design is not only smaller but more powerful and even incorporates a barrel recoil system at the same time with the correct fast recoil and slow return to battery you expect to see on tanks.
IR play is still around and will be using the Waltersons team based battle systems. I'll have more info on this part later.

My final production sample will be here soon and I'll get more info you guys need as well as a video review and some running tests too for everyone. Feel free to ask questions, I'll do my best to answer what I can.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Waltersons-T72-A-pg1.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	2263994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Waltersons-T72-A-pg2.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	2263995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Waltersons-T72-A-pg3.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	165.9 KB