RCU Forums - View Single Post - LOCKHEED P-38J “LIGHTNING”. A giant 1/4 scale scratch built model
Old 04-22-2019, 08:22 AM
fbielsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anecdotally, I was lucky enough to contact an experienced static modeler, Luca Pennacchietti, who, providentially, sold a set of laser-printed decals with the precise inscriptions for this peculiar model, but yes, for static models 1/18!

Once explained my project, he was enthusiastic and did not mind to give me the computer file of his property to maximize and print to the desired size, with the only condition of sending him some pics of the final result.

When I received it, the file not only contained the set of inscriptions and badges of the plane with the detail of its location, but the USAAF font type and the pin-up drawing of the suggestive Betty, of course.

Due to the low resolution of this one, I had to redraw completely to correct the scale factor imperfections; I also had to supplement several inscriptions by consulting the bibliography, but his initial assignment was very helpful. Thanks, Luca!

Redrawing Betty!