RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!
Old 04-27-2019, 01:03 AM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
A post without any explanation? Pics out of the blue? Are those Capricorn (Mike Birch's) fuselages?
Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
Do you have any idea how long many have been searching for Capricorn kits and/or a donor for "plug making"? There are a few threads detailing the ongoing saga. Are there wing cores? gonna sell kits?
Yes I do, I spent many years looking for a kit, part built or built model in any condition. From my research it looks as though the last time they were produced was by Mick Reeves in 1982, Mike himself produced small numbers in the 70's. Post 1982 it looks as though nothing has been produced at all, Capricorn or International. The fuselages I have were found on eBay and described as 'Aeroplane fuselages' I recognised them straight away and hit the 'buy it now' very quickly, soon after I collected them and work commenced. I did not have wing or tail patterns, so I advertised once more in the hope someone would come forward with the right details . . . . . and they did! wings and tail are now in progress and should be finished soon.

The International fuselage was an added bonus, could not believe my luck! again the fuselage is very heavy, and will receive the same treatment as the Capricorn has. As far as production goes, time will be an issue and of course the copyright implications, I really do not want to go there.