RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buyers beware, warning!! Aviation jets su-35
Old 04-28-2019, 09:36 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey5547
I think it’s unfair for Pacific rc to go after GJC just because you guys fell out with aviation jets, especially since you guys were doing all the promoting of the product and even posted and said it was thoroughly tested it and said it was available to purchase. What if another dealers T one jets had a failure then started publicly going after Pacific rc for selling them then threatening them and their customers with a lawsuit over a aircraft design... doesn’t look great.

I feel like you guys should have just warned people about the SU35 and left it at that publicly and spoke to GJC in private. Just my opinion
Mikey5547,

Please go back and read my original post. Yes, our first impression was the jet was performing good. After a few more flights, the thread of the wing clamp stripped (not because of cross threading, but because of inferior material and possibly bad workmanship from the factory, regardless, when confronted, Jaing Yi admitted they had found the same problems in China) and that was not the end of the world because we found the problems before one of our customers would have to loose a jet. There was a field repair to install a larger self tapping screw in the pinch clamp before it was flown and we really don't think the pinch clamp alone is the reason for a wing failure. Flaws are to be expected on new aircraft and we are willing to take those risks before we assume they are good to sell. The problem came when Aviation Jets refused to fixed the problems and wanted us to sell all the kits already produced. I informed everyone about our failure, and the fact, that the Factory knew about it before they shipped our SU-35 and didn't think it was necessary to tell us. When we talked about a fix, they refused to fix the issue with the SU-35 before delivering our customers jets and wanted us to continue to take orders. That is when we declined to sell this jet. Obviously you don't know who we are and what we stand for at Pacific RC Jets. We are not some Dealer that will sell anything just to make a buck off of you and turn a blind eye to sell a known defective product. We fly what we sell and use ancillary products we sell in our own jets. Anytime a new jet is coming out, ourselves or someone from our team will thoroughly test it in order to optimize your experience of success.

My comment about GJC was purely that they are claiming the Sparrow, designed by my partner Barry Hou to be their "Global Jet Club Sparrow", like they designed and paid to have it built. We clearly spec'd out the design to Aviation Jets, paid Aviation Jets $15,000 to build the mold and produce this jet for Pacific RC exclusively. We also gave permission for Aviation Jets to sell the Sparrow in China only and they agreed. GJC is basically stealing our design and claiming it as their own, and I have a HUGE problem with that!! If GJC wants to pay us for the design rights and name and return our initial investment of $15,000, they can contact us to talk about it. Mike Lin claims to have a Aeronautical Engineering Degree, well maybe he should design his own jets and claim them as Global Jet club what ever. Why don't you put some time and effort into designing a product, pay to have it manufactured and have it back doored to another company and have them claim it as their own product......

I never attacked GJC or Carrie with Banana Hobby for selling AV Jets, as I personally don't give a crap that they are selling AV jets or any other manufacturers jets. GJC can promote and sell the inferior SU-35 all they want and they will have to deal with their customers issues, that is their choice. Claiming they have seen the SU-35 perform cobra maneuvers and that makes it a solid air frame is ridiculous. Watch the video, and you will see the cobra maneuver is to be entered in a very slow airspeed in order for the thrust vectoring to "kick" the jet up and over at a very little G force. The whole flight they are flying the jet like a high wing trainer. I encourage them to fly that jet like Kris Gunter flew our prototype T-One F-22 at Florida jets or Barry flying our West coast prototype and lets see how the SU performs. I can tell you Barry flew the SU-35 like most of our customers will fly it, and the bottom line is "it failed".

If another Dealer or customer wanted to get on the forum and bash us because of a T-One jet, you will find we welcome and encourage customer suggestions, as T-One is very pro active to make changes to improve their products. SkyMaster may be slow at building jets at this time, but if they have a bad design and are informed about it, they will also fix it before it gets sold to another customer and they also take care of business fast and professionally.

Pacific RC Jets is very selective of who's and what products we sell. Again, we are not in business to sell anything and everything just to make a buck. When we have issues that a factory is not willing to resolve, we will drop them and move on.

Regards,

Dirk

Pacific RC Jets

Last edited by flejter1; 04-28-2019 at 10:05 PM.