RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA registration numbers and enforcement
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 01:45 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
Actually the FAA has. They say the number must be "legible". Now just exactly what that may mean is open for discussion. But I wouldn't want to be the subject of such a discussion.
I agree with Appowner , and we have discussed this before in some thread or another here ;

Doing things like putting your FAA number on the plane in a deliberate attempt to make it as illegible as possible while still remaining kinda sorta maybe just barely on the good side of legal is doing nothing but thumbing your nose at the FAA . Now , as an FAA licensed A&P mechanic (retired) I think I can speak for what I've seen of the FAA's tolerance for rebellious behavior , open rebellion is to be punished , eliminated , and made an example of so no others go getting any rebellious notions . Sure , the FAA is never gonna come to your field , untill something someday causes them to need to pay a visit , like maybe if the club hotshot flew a little too close to that passing Cessna last weekend , and they decide to check the club out . Sure hope your not at the field the day they come calling .

Remember , the FAA is just like any other of Uncle Sam's three letter agencies (IRS , FBI , CIA , NSA , etc.) , , , screw with them at your own peril !