RCU Forums - View Single Post - Capital City Jets - Darby Dan Airport - Columbus Ohio
Old 05-28-2019, 08:57 AM
kevin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin
Capital City Jets will be a 3 day Jet Fly-In July 19th, 20th, and 21st 2019 at Darby Dan Airport in Columbus Ohio. For those of you that are not familiar with Darby Dan Airport, it is the airport where the Heart of Ohio Jet scramble was held. It is 6000 feet long and 75 feet wide. The fly-in is sponsored by the Columbus Big Birds. Landing fee is $25 bucks for all 3 days. We will provide the field, runway, a porta-pot, a PA with music, and a spot to pit...you bring everything else and fly all you want with your fellow jet jocks. If you want to stay in town Saturday night there are some close hotels on Hilliard Rome Road in Hilliard Ohio.

These 3 hotels are about 6 miles away from Darby Dan Airport...
red roof inn hilliard -- 6148789245
comfort suites columbus west - hilliard -- 6148707658
hawthorne suites by wyndham columbus west- 6148536199

This GETGO station on west broad street, 4 miles from the field, has kero at the pump!
4758 W. Broad street
614-851-3912

There are some great pictures of Heart of Ohio Jet Scrambles on the BVM website, including these from 2003 .... Heart of Ohio Jet Scramble '03

Feel free to ask questions here. We will update as needed. See our facebook page for a few current videos and pics from the airport. https://www.facebook.com/Columbusbigbirds1/

There will not be an onsite food vendor, but we are only 4 miles away from some restaurants including fast food places.

This is not a "full event". This is basically a fun fly for you and your jet buddies. The club is hoping this will be a low key, low stress opportunity to just hang and fly.
Originally Posted by rcflyguy_26
No flying on the 20th?

I messed up the dates when copying over the new thread .... the dates are the 19th, 20th, and 21st!
I cant seem to edit the first message?