RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bobcat Conversion
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 12:07 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by djmp69
Sounds great, seems to confirm my suspicions, as I said before. After I convert all this metric kilos stuff to something that makes sense to me, lol, I'll have a better idea. Actually, I think I have a good idea, but I am wondering WHICH fan/motor setup will give it to me. I am not trying to spend $800 to make a $99 plane fly. So as you can see, I am trying to get to the meeting point. I guess what I'm missing is that everyone keeps saying stay away from the cheap Chinese stuff. How does it differ? 90mm is 90mm, and 8s is 8s. 10s is 10s, and so on. Are we talking reliability, longevity? Please forgive me, I am an expert with gas and glow, but am still getting clues when it comes to electric setups. I figure if a setup can statically move an 8lb plane, then it should be able to dynamically fly the 8lb plane without too many problems. Am I thinking wrong here? If not, WHICH setup can accomplish this?

Thanx again!
Hi Body, you have probably heard the old saying, "I'm not wealthy enough to buy rubbish"! Unfortunately you pay more for quality, but if your budget is limited , shop around in classifieds, you can buy great set ups from 2nd. hand at bargain price. There's so much of stuff avail, it's shoppers paradise. Offer always lot less, most of them take it!
As Mongo mentioned, Gary from Eflux is great to deal with if you go for quality product.