RCU Forums - View Single Post - NGH 38CC 4 stroke
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 08:53 PM
EFHANC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulse tube

The tubes pictured in post 1626 are not connected correctly , the carb pulse tube goes to top center backplate , the lubrication tube connects from top on intake manifold to bottom connection on backplate, as per NGH schematic instruction sheet. Now, I just replaced my wiped out cam lobe cam ,lifters finally on the way, what caused it ? I broke the engine in upright mounted per instructions , but with about 2 hours test stand time over a week off & on. Was guilty of hitting 8000 rpm shortly (which probably started the valve float that started the lifters hammering the cam lobes , but didn't know it at the time ! , MAYBE?) Mounted it inverted in my seagulls spitfire (comes with crappy retracts for your total enjoyment experience) & flew about an hour's worth of 12 minute flights over a couple sessions ,then started noticing clicking sound at idle & power dropping off drastically. Good Compression disappeared , disassembled & found cam damage. It looked exactly like an earlier post in this thread. I did notice when the old lifters were reinstalled without the cam installed, there was stickshun when moving the lifter up & down in it's bore, both of them. A few lite passes of lubed 2000 grit wet dry & wood dowel smoothed it's travel .We'll see how the new lifters feel when they arrive from China. My buddy said I should have broken it in with 15 to 20 % instead of the 35% NGH says to use, I don't know? Gonna be more cautious with it. Hope this helps, Ed