RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Acknowledges 400 foot AGL Limit in Class G
Old 06-11-2019, 01:31 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Propworn
Can you say 1-800-WHAA Your old news not one of them cares what you think. To busy running the day to day business for the majority of the members who seem satisfied with the way things are being handled. No time to waste on a few malcontents. Dead air so to speak. How long you been bitxxing and how much longer is it going to carry on with the same results. Years most likely YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You pay your dues to belong and once paid the money is no longer yours LOL!!!!!! You don't get a rebate/refund and you certainly don't get to designate how your personal dues are going to be used.

Dennis
With the fields being closed, AMA struggling to get traction on the "carve outs" that many members expect, it's more than just me that are unhappy with them. As for the money thing, in case you haven't noticed, and clearly you haven't, they don't have nearly as much of it right now. There's been extensive discussions about the need to save money. So spending money on people to do a job that is being done poorly seems to be germane. Given that people are one of their major expenses, even more so.

As for results, I beg to differ. First, I got the FAA to go on record saying that they did not view that 336 required membership. AMA continued to "disagree," so I worked with staffers to get the "AND" in the law changed to an "OR." That makes it impossible now for AMA to imply that membership is required, so that's a pretty big success. Now I'm working to ensure that special privileges and access to government sites (mil bases, parks, etc.) are available to any taxpayer .... since after all the taxpayers are paying for them. I've had one notable success there, and I'm working others right now. And now, I'm working to determine whether this 400 foot restriction applies equally to CBO members and general citizens. I expect that will be successful as well.