RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Acknowledges 400 foot AGL Limit in Class G
Old 06-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
With the fields being closed, AMA struggling to get traction on the "carve outs" that many members expect, it's more than just me that are unhappy with them. As for the money thing, in case you haven't noticed, and clearly you haven't, they don't have nearly as much of it right now. There's been extensive discussions about the need to save money. So spending money on people to do a job that is being done poorly seems to be germane. Given that people are one of their major expenses, even more so.

As for results, I beg to differ. First, I got the FAA to go on record saying that they did not view that 336 required membership. AMA continued to "disagree," so I worked with staffers to get the "AND" in the law changed to an "OR." That makes it impossible now for AMA to imply that membership is required, so that's a pretty big success. Now I'm working to ensure that special privileges and access to government sites (mil bases, parks, etc.) are available to any taxpayer .... since after all the taxpayers are paying for them. I've had one notable success there, and I'm working others right now. And now, I'm working to determine whether this 400 foot restriction applies equally to CBO members and general citizens. I expect that will be successful as well.
Other than your say so I haven't seen anything in writing that credits you personally with any of this. Have to find that big Mickey Mouse hand and send it to ya so you have something to pat yourself on the back with.

Dennis