RCU Forums - View Single Post - towerhobbies/horizon
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:52 PM
ALFIEV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by blemoine30
Iam so sick of TH/H moving dates on TF WARBIRDS, KNOWING there not coming in.I think
to get enough pre orders to fill a contanier
but what do i know
concern hobbiest
Totally agree with this post!! I spent good money on a Topflite 60 size corsair. Love it. Had a whoopsie on landing, smashed the wing, tried to buy a replacement wing, they strung me along for about a year with "on order" , "due in Feb", "Due in late April", "Temporarily unavailable", "On order" , "Due in late June", "Due in August", "on order", and now "Temporarily unavailable". Meanwhile I've got a perfectly good fuselage with relatively expensive undercarriage (robart air) sitting around gathering dust. I have sent numerous requests for information from customer services. They will never admit that the model is out of production. They just apologise in standard format for the inconvenience.

so.......being a slow learner I took the engine off the corsair and purchased a Topflite Texan. Seemed to be plenty of them about. Good reputation as a good flyer. I love flying it, but was very concerned about the possibility of having a bad landing so decided to purchase a spare wing. You guessed it....."order pending", "on order", "due Feb", "due late April" etc etc and now "temporarily unavailable". So I asked up front, " are Topflite models going out of production?". I got a very non-committal answer something to the effect that, "Towerhobbies and it's subsidiaries is going through some changes due to new owners (Horizon Hobbies)." but I could not get them to clarify the true position for the near or far future.

Since then I see that greatplanes models (another brand I really like) have gone the same way.

I understand that the business scene changes over time. I just wish that Towerhobbies would be honest and upfront, not stringing people along with vague promises of orders pending etc etc. Meanwhile I've got a thousand dollars worth of corsair (including robart air retracts) to throw out at the dump