RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF Beechcraft Bonanza F33A Build
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:52 PM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Default TF Beechcraft Bonanza F33A Build

Welcome, I just recently finished my last build (Sig's 4*60), and am now embarking on probably one of my most ambitious builds to date, the F33A Beechcraft Bonanza! It may disappoint some that it will be built as the conventional straight tail instead of the classic V-tailed V35B version, but I do have my reasons. The Bonanza also could have also been purchased in the A36 version (also straight tailed), which was the largest of Bonanzas that could transport up to six people. The A36 was a full ten inches longer than the F33A or V35B. Both the F33A and V35B were both capable of transporting up to four passengers.

This project will incorporate; electric retracts, fiberglass cowl, canopy and tail cone, navigational lighting, and hopefully be powered by a gasoline and not a glow engine just to name a few. The entire plane once sheeted will be glassed and painted.

I anticipate that it will take me two years to complete this project as the scale details will take extra time. Having a full time job and a house with some acreage to mow detracts from time spent in the workshop. Anyway, I hope that you find this build enjoyable and maybe even learn a few new tricks along the way...

VJ

This Beechcraft Bonanza was located and purchased in Canada of all places. It was shipped without so much as a scratch or dent in the box!

This is what it looked like as soon as the top was removed. This was obviously a very well cared for kit.

Moving the ABS canopy out of the way reveals the large amount of wood that's in this kit. Hard to imagine that this pile of wood will be a Bonanza!

This kit also came with the Cabin Interior kit which was usually sold separately. I don't think that I will be using most of what's in here as plans are to make them from scratch.

This journey really starts here at Hangar Ten in New Hampshire's Manchester Airport.

Inside of this hangar is a vintage F33A Beechcraft Bonanza. The person standing beside the plane is my good friend Bob, we have partnered together in this build. Earlier I said that I had my reasons for building this project as the F33A version. Bob purchased and flew a F33A Beechcraft Bonanza back in 1981! We are going to replicate in 1/5th scale the same plane he once proudly owned. I took 157 photos of this plane that will help in documenting all of the scale details!!! BTW, Bob was also instrumental in the building of this hangar...

Last edited by VincentJ; 06-23-2019 at 01:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rcFLYBOY14 (05-19-2020)