RCU Forums - View Single Post - What computer do i buy to get real flight to work?
Old 07-14-2019, 03:42 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
I think a little differently about building a computer than that. I build to the specs that I need. .................................................. ....
That's fine IF you have a different machine for everything. Me? I have only a few machines. My main one, the one that use to be my main one and a laptop. And I expect them to last me a while. Number 2 must be 8-10 years old now and going strong.

So you can build to specs for one thing. Then build another or upgrade for the next set of specs for whatever. And so on. Or you can build the best you can afford and do it once.

And I'll admit, for me the water cooling was something of an experiment. But it's neat, a learning experience and adds just that much more insurance for just a little cost.

And the real plus to building your own is YOU install the software. So you don't get all the extra crap the manufacturers like to add on. I pick my OS, virus, security and other software packages and you won't find anything extra on my machines.