RCU Forums - View Single Post - Focke-Wulf FW-190 A-8 by Royal Products Corp
Old 07-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Vortrog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Raw above video thanks to Tom Markwell

I increased my exhaust area by 4x by opening up the old exhaust slots to 30mm wide. I also added a baffle to direct air to the head.

I also went to stock muffler to hopefully improve my power. That worked, as did the increased exhaust slots. No more overheating

Yes, I know its a newbie thing to walk out behind the model, but the rough was 4 inches long and I was taking no chances.

My mentor also ran a tacho on the motor with the 3 Blade 13x8 Master Airscrew. It was 9,600 RPM

Next issue is, apart from very lightly having to touch down at 40km/hr due to stall speed, is the nose over.

The field was boggy, and my low bounce tires did compress so much they allowed my oleo's to dig in and help the nose over (my oleo legs were muddy at the axle, thats how I knew)

I think I have to rake my gear further forward. I certainly dont want to move the CG back

Also, perhaps I need to move up to 3.5inch wheels

Edit: I certainly have to work on my landings regardless of the above. More practice required both on the Simulator and by adding weight to my 1200mm FW190 to scale match the wing loading of this model.

Last edited by Vortrog; 07-22-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: missed text