RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Stick 10cc - Jumping into Twins
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:12 AM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finished up getting the Tail Feathers on the project. First photo is probably what the Twin Ultra Stick would look like taking an ARF out of the box...

Then, I went back to the wing and installed the engines, fuel tanks, and set up the throttles.

The throw came up matched for both servos to the carbs; adjusted the travel down to 90 percent on full and 98 percent on idle/cut. Both servos stopped 'buzzing' at the same travel adjustments, so I hope that will leave me with well matched throttle curves.

I did a preliminary balance with the engines on the plane. I was guessing that it would take two servos in the tail to balance the twin engines. However, I need to place the battery all the way to the very front of the fuselage to balance two servos in the back (fourth photo).

So, I installed the elevator servo and did another balance check with the rudder servo mounted under the wing. The extra weight of the 3mm elevator pushrod and clevises seems to add enough that both servos in the tail may be too much.

It looks like keeping the rudder servo under the wing will give me some extra flexibility moving electronics around up front..

I also ended up mounting the mufflers with an angle down. With the engines at 45%, I could not get the mufflers to aim up and over the wing to keep the exhaust clear of the servos.. I'll have to wait and see how much mess it makes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin Stick ARF Ready.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	2264940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Install 1a.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	2264941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Install 2a.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2264942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Balance1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	2264943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engines On.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	2264944  

Last edited by TEBerg; 08-05-2019 at 10:22 AM.