RCU Forums - View Single Post - Strange behaviour Jeti Assist rx and spool up..
Old 08-06-2019, 01:56 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
I have installed Jeti assist gyro setups into two different turbine models. Another is cb200 with rsat and rex6A.
another is rex 12A+rsa2.

both have shown similar symptoms. When spooling up from idle the flight surfaces may jerk uncontrollable very fast from time to time. And it does not feel nice in the air having plane twitching suddenly like it had hit a gust even in a no wind situation.
Both run Jets munt XBL series turbines.

Now I would like to know what causes this and how to fix it..
What firmware version ? This is just a guess but I seem to recall early Cortex gyros required a "hush blanket" I think they called it for turbine use . It was basically sounds damping material to prevent really high volume sounds from a turbine from affecting the gyros sensors... Perhaps the Assist is having an adverse reaction to some sound frequency the turbine puts out at certain throttle settings ?
I haven't had cause to use it yet but I think the Assist will monitor certain vibration frequencies and can filter them. Don't know the details but perhaps worth looking at this info and seeing if there is something going on a certain throttle settings, etc. I'm just guessing here but I think that is where I would start looking. If your Assists aren't already upgraded to V1.12 then I would do that as well.