RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to RC with a 63” bare hull - help!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 07:34 PM
WhiteH2O

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1. I guess I'll get all the parts and pieces and before I get out the epoxy, I'll play with fore and aft balance to see what works best. I'd assume balancing with a half tank of gas would get the average balance the best.
2. Sounds like a round drive is the way to go. I can make metal stick to metal, (TIG or solder) but sounds like round is just easier in general. Easy choice there- long round drive line in the cart.
3. Easy enough. Radio gear in back.

Thanks again Hydro Junkie. I see you are just about an hour and a half north of where I am (Gig Harbor, WA). I hope to get the chance to see you and some of your boats some day!

Build update: Got a deck put on the hull today. Started fairing in the rough areas on the hull to start sanding tomorrow to make it pretty. I need to come up with a plan for a superstructure and build it. Finally clicked "order" on my ebay cart with assorted drive gear and other random parts and pieces. Also found a 19" hull my 10 year old son is starting to build (that one will be electric). Got a deck put on that one also. Pictures to come when I get my post count high enough.