RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blast from the past..Dumas Miller American convert to brushless
Old 09-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Okay, have a question and some thoughts for you:
1) What is that black thing in the end of the header? Is that a plug to keep crap out of the engine, as it appears to me?
2) Your vertical fins need to be more upright and the wing between them shorter. If you can find pictures of the full sized boats, you will see that the vertical fins are roughly at 90 degrees to the deck but not totally vertical. Here's a link to a shot that shows the angle of the fins:

3) Before you paint the boat, you need to fill in the excess slotting for the strut. I would tape over it for testing, just in case you need to either adjust the height or location of the strut. The holes on the left side of the transom need to be filled as well. I'd epoxy in dowels of the appropriate size.
4) You need to move the drive dog back from the strut to approximately one flex cable thickness. The cable will shorten under load and the result, with the present spacing, will be a broken cable and lost prop/stubshaft
5) If you're going to leave the CMB in the boat, you may need to add another tank, probably under the deck. I run 50% nitro fuel and use between 18 and 20 ounces of fuel during a roughly 5 minute run in competition.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 09-09-2019 at 08:53 AM.