RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mystery Plane Identification and Help
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 03:46 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgnostic
With regard to the rudder stick, the old school will say that you need to learn to use left thumb. The bank and yank crowd will say go with the right thumb. I've done both but prefer to keep the rudder on my left simply because that's where my rudder reflexes are. One thing about it, those old three channel trainers are sufficiently stable that as long as you can maintain enough presence of mind to remember which hand has the throttle you can switch channels on a 4 channel receiver easily enough. If you are comfortable enough with flying to test out the changes that you make to you airplane then try it both ways. If it makes you nervous, remember that even experienced pilots are okay with having a trusted spotter who will remind them of what to do.
I flew it today with the rudder on the left stick since I need to work on my coordinated turns and it was quite odd. I landed and switched to right stick and was back in my comfort zone. Now it feels strange to ground steer with the right thumb. I am not sure if I can link right/left sticks to do the same thing on my JR X6102 radio.

Was a short day since I lost one of the rear wheels in flight. Saw something falling down from the plane and thought it was my muffler at first. Surprising I landed very smoothly with two wheels, LOL. Got the wheel situation sorted but now I need exhaust gaskets for the Super Tigre as he's leaking goo all over the place. Anyone know if these will work? It says they are for the G-34 engine and I have the .40. Perhaps somebody has some that you want to sell? Might as well ask if anybody has an intake gasket for this engine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PZ-SUPER-...EAAOSwuUlb8oUJ

You guys were not kidding when you said how gracefully this plane flies. Very nice to say the least.

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 09-15-2019 at 03:52 PM.