RCU Forums - View Single Post - REX12 And R3/900 and CB200 Set Up
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 06:19 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This is how I suspected the clone worked but wasn’t 100% sure. In my opinion it DOES give me path diversity ... if primary cannot provide “good” data then clone has an opportunity (with 2 differently placed antennas, aka path diversity) to provide “good” data. If all that fails, then backup 900MHz goes to work to save the day.

I’m very happy with my setup, based on the data I’m seeing. I do wish there was a way to “see” if it is ever using clone versus primary. I don’t think you can see that...only if it switches to 900 MHz.

Thanks for the help in understanding how it all works together.

JS

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Jamie,
Operating in default mode a Clone receiver would only ever be actually used if the main receiver failed to receiver valid data for more than a certain # of consecutive frames. I forget the exact # but its somewhere around 8 or 10 or no signal for approximately 100ms... Then it will look at the data from the Clone and if it's valid will send it to the servo outputs of the main receiver. I don't personally use 900Mhz so I'm not certain exactly how a clone receiver would effect fail over to the 900Mhz but I'm guessing that if it receives the signal correctly that it would prevent fail over to 900Mhz.

As for the using the best receiver data, data is either received correctly or it isn't not so it's not a matter of best vs good, it's a matter of the servos getting updated or not. By not immediately looking at the clone data if the main rx fails to receive, your servos simply don't get updated until valid data is received or until the timeout occurs and clone rx data gets used, even though valid clone rx data may have been available all along.Just seems kind of wasteful but certainly not the end of the world.. It's just one of those things that you feel is worth it or not. I personally don't so I don't bother with dual receivers or 900Mhz but others feel diffidently and if it seems worthwhile to you by all means go for it..

Last edited by jsnipes; 09-21-2019 at 06:22 PM.