RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's something you don't see every day...
Old 10-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Here's something you don't see every day...

There's an electric version of the now defunct Japanese RC tank maker Seki's (Seki Engineering in the ad) 1/10 scale Tiger I at auction on ebay..
Before anyone rakes it through the coal it is an early 70's type model and it has the level of detail common for that period. Seki was more
known for superb engineering than great low level detail.

It has the basic bones of the Seki models that I am familiar with however this electric version I am not familiar with.
I have the gas powered version which are marvelous runners.The example I see in this ad, appears to be a late
version lacking refinements in contemporary details I have on my own. I assumed these were cost saving changes.
The road wheels in particular are of a type I've not seen before on a Seiki, not very good examples I'm afraid.
Still if is a Seki and they made a very well executed model mechanically, very reliable.

I used to sell these here in the states a long time ago, this not being one of those as mine were all gas and this
appears a factory electric.A bit pricey but they are quite rare over here. Definitely nice condition considering the last Seiki
Tiger I model was probably made nearly 15+ years ago now.

Jerry

1/10 Seki Tiger