RCU Forums - View Single Post - Volunteer for youth and need suggestion on small kits planes
Old 10-07-2019, 05:51 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Volunteer for youth and need suggestion on small kits planes

Hello, I have been in RC for a while but have only built one kit long back and the rest have been small and Giant Scale Arf. I am a Pilot and I teach aviation to youth ages 12ish – 15ish. I am trying to add in more hands-on activities that will allow me to keep them engaged instead of lectures all the time.
I am familiar with kits, but I really want something that is CHEAP!!! Would it be better to get plans and get all the wood myself or get a kit that includes all the material?

I want something that is small too! Something that a small electric can go in probably a 480 size or smaller. I am thinking something no bigger than a ParkZone Super Cub size, (1300mm/ 51in). Based on my research I think the 1300mm/1100/920mm size would be good for them, but those seem to be more of foamies and not wood kits? Where can I find wood kits/plans in this size?

Also, I am not fully familiar with electric size because I am more into gas and nitro so I am REALLY open to suggestions on electrics.