RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 30cc Spitfire! Build Thread, i got mine!
Old 10-10-2019, 09:36 AM
jeff4steel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cathurga
Jeff, looks good!
I have the FG40 as well, but in a diferent model, a Hawker Typhoon. Are you able to start the engine by hand? I am UNABLE to and have checked timing and everything...this things just totally opposed to handstarting! Its a PITA, but once its started, its a great engine, plenty of guts and sounds so much better than a garden implement engine!
Hi, Cathurga! Unfortunately I couldn't start it manually by hand. I've tried twice and each time I tried about 20 mins. This is really sad. I heard comments from friends that Saito gas engine gives authentic sound while OS gas engine makes everything easy. I encountered a weird situation actually a few days ago. All was fine at home but after I plugged in batteries to both Rx and CDI and tried to start it by a starter in the flying field, the Rx failed. I had one temperature sensor and the RPM sensor wire from CDI both connected to Spectrum AR9030 Rx's sockets accordingly. One end of temperature sensor wiring was banded on the muffler, which showed me reading without issues before. I cannot figure out what's wrong and how the Rx. failed. Now I cannot even bind this AR9030 but its two satellites were tested to be fine. I am now waiting for an AR12310T Rx. that's just bought and on its way. Hopefully I could post some positive things after I clear all the mess.