RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:47 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Sorry my friend , I call em like I see em . In fact , for situations like this I use the "My Kid" metric ; Would I want MY kid in a situation where such foolishness was taking place ? Would you want YOUR kid to be the one hit in the head by one of those planes ?
Two completely different questions! LOL And the way you present them assumes that the answer to both has to be the same. Nice tactic, but doesn’t work with me!
YES, I would want my kid in a situation where such foolishness (your words, LOL) was taking place. As I stated before, there was not a single person in that video that showed one iota of concern for their safety, and EVERYONE seemed to be enjoying themselves (this is an absolutely accurate portrayal of the video I watched. If you can show where my portrayal is biased in ANY way, I beg you to challenge it). By projecting YOUR concerns on those people, simple by watching a video and based on your commentary here, you are essentially calling EVERYONE in that video stupid.

Question #2: (your wording is biased and leads the reader to believe that a child actually was hit in the head by one of the airplanes, do you know if that happened?) my answer is, NO, of course I wouldn’t want my child to be hit in the head with one of those planes! But I wouldn’t hesitate to take my child to that or a similar event for fear of such.

Originally Posted by init4fun
Sure , there is all kinds of fun that can be had with model airplanes , we all know that and it's why we're here . But when the fun extends to the behavior seen in that video that's when I say the fun has gone just a bit too far .

One Man's opinion only FWIW ....
The expressions on the faces of ALL of the folks on that video would say otherwise. I guess you are in the minority!

Astro