RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 10-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Nagy
Hi Everyone;

... & a Special thank-you so much to UK Telemaster Sales, [gosh but wish I knew your first name, it may be Dave?], for your simply beautiful coverage of the La Coupe des Barons meet in France a month or so back. I simply luved the coverage, and have watched the 45 minute video many times. I have the Barons' plans and plan on building one soon, but have to finish up a few other ships first; ...
There now, I guess I have aggravated you All enuff for one message herein, so I will close, best regards to you all from Wickenburg. Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Yes Joe, my name is David or Dave, I answer to either. My full name is David John Davis, proper Welsh innit? (Brief pause to respect the gallant Welsh Rugby Team who nearly beat the mighty South Africans in the Rugby World Cup Semi Final in Japan earlier today!)

I was usually a Dave in the workplace until I worked in a place where the office manager was called Dave Thomas. There I answered to David to avoid confusion! Mind you in one place I worked I was known as Sir David! Can't think why! I haven't sold Telemasters in the UK, actually, throughout Europe from Serbia to Ireland, since 2008. If I knew how to change my handle in this site I would.

La Coupe Des Barons will take place on 13th June next year. It seems that we will be taking a team down south again but this time, the club which has organised the event for the last fifteen years has passed the baton onto the club at Jonage near Lyon, France's second largest city, so we will have a shorter distance to travel, about 140 miles (226kms) less for the round trip.

We held a committee meeting this morning to organise some events for next year. I drove my 1974 Rover there. The meeting also co-incided with the club president's birthday so we were all forced to eat a four-course lunch with aperatifs and wine. Unfortunately for me I haven't been very well just lately. Nothing too serious just a cold which turned into a chest infection and which has hung around for three weeks but I'm on some powerful meds so reluctantly I just drank tea or water! The ladies of the club always bring cakes, puddings or other types of desert to these meetings so we all had to eat a cake, an apple tart and a chocolate mousse before we could go flying. As the clocks have just gone back there wasn't that much time for flying, I'd taken three models with me but in the end there was only time for me to fly the electric trainer. There are a lot of retired beginners in my club and I gave one of them a little instruction on taking off as he was always too brutal on the controls and somewhat dangerous to other members.

A special welcome from me Papasal.It's nice to have some fresh blood here. If you're wondering what La Coupe Des Barons is all about, it's a competition for three-channel French trainers which look a bit like WW1 monoplanes. You may see a video of it here just scroll down to "Video Coupe 2019." I prefer the 2017 video myself which is available on YouTube. Bye for now: https://saffiotipatrick.wixsite.com/vl38/les-barons

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 10-28-2019 at 02:43 AM.