RCU Forums - View Single Post - Divergent kits
Thread: Divergent kits
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 11:13 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Although I did a thread during the development of the Divergent there have been some things learned during the last year and a half flying the prototype. I have decided that it was time to build another for next season that incorporates the changes that I have made to current production versions. The main factor is the weight. The prototype that I have been flying for two seasons is 1/2 pound overweight. A couple reasons for this. First off is the fuselage layup. The prototype fuselage came out at 41oz complete. The current fuselages are coming out at 31oz. That by itself would bring the current version in under legal weigh. The Prototype is also running a Dualsky 6355 DA series motor and OS ESC. By comparison to other available components these are a bit on the heavy side. Of course the prototype is also a full paint job. I'm confident that with these changes and by film covering the wings a 10.5 lb Divergent should be a fairly easy task. Knowing how well the prototype flies, I'm quite jazzed to see how well the design flies with 1lb less weight. Should be a fun ride.